Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baking!



Cash has been sleeping off a little cold the last couple of days so Haley and I have been cooking buddies. Ash gave us a John Deere tractor cake mold which turned out a super cute cake! I can't decide if it's better unfrosted or frosted but it looks so cute I didn't want to cut into it. I missed the smell of my mom baking bread so I found a recipe from my friend, Lori, and modified it a bit. The kitchen looked like a flour tornado had hit but the end result looks and tastes great! What a fun time!

4 comments:

Lanae said...

I love to see a good wholesome pure post, unlike other garbage I've seen today. I am glad your bread turned out! Thanks for sharing the day with me! I LOVE YOU!

Lori Ellsworth said...

Your bread looks beautiful! Don't you just love the way your house smells when you're baking?! And that cake looks tasty, too.

Xela said...

Looks Yummy! I need to do stuff like that more often. Enjoy this time when you don't have kids in school yet and you kind of have your own schedule! :)

BLnKMcH said...

That cake pan would be great for us! If you know where to get it let me know. Luke's b-day is coming up so you know. Anyways, I like Haley in these pictures, so her picking the frosting. I like her hair better curly b/c it's soo cute. She looks waaay different with straight. She looks like baby Kelly - Barbie's lil sister.