Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goodbye Christmas...

I started taking the Christmas decorations down and enlisted Haley's help, thinking it would be fun to work on a project together. Little did I know it would be very hard for her. She started out with a smile and then realized what we were doing. Here's how the conversation went...
Haley I don't want to take Christmas down.
Me It's hard but don't worry because Christmas comes back every year.
Haley But I don't want to take Christmas down.
Me Yes, I really like Christmastime and love the decorations but it's time for them to come down.
Haley Okay...(singing while taking the ornaments out of our Christmas countdown snowman) Goodbye Christmas, I'll see you next year. Goodbye Christmas, I'll see you next year. (getting teary and wimpery) Goodbye Christmas...(fully crying) Mom I'm so sad will you just give me a hug.
Me Yes.
So we sit on the couch for a bit and I think of what's coming up next...Valentine's Day! Brilliant! I tell her we can decorate for Valentine's Day.  And she seems satisfied. Finally today we found little hearts to hang on the pink tree in her room and she is a happy girl! Goodbye Christmas, we'll see you next year!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

She is so cute. I was sad to take down Christmas too!

jenhatch said...

that's SO cute!! And how great that Christmas made such an impression on her!

BLnKMcH said...

how funny and cute --mom will you give me a hug? haha